Time and Place
Saturday September 16th, 2017 at the Horseshoe Canyon trail head, located in the Big Hole Mountains west of Driggs, Idaho.
Driving Directions to Trail Head:
- Drive west out of Driggs on Bates Road.
- Where Bates curves south, take the paved road that continues west. This road will curve north, then west again, before heading into Horseshoe Canyon.
- Drive west to where the pavement ends and park in the parking area on the right
- Register Online by Clicking Here
Look for the TVTAP Horseshoe Challenge link on the main page.
- Or print the following form and mail to TVTAP PO Box 373 Driggs, Idaho 83422
2017 Acknowledgement of Risk Form
- Or register at Yostmark on 3rd and Little in Driggs
- Or Skinny Skis on West Deloney in downtown Jackson, Wyoming
- Finally you can registar at Great Harvest Bread Co. in Idaho Falls, either location.
- You can also register on race day from 8-8:45am.
Registration includes runner gift, pre and post race refreshments, entry into a raffle (where everyone wins something!) and awards for the fastest runners. The fastest male and female of both the 12K and the Half Marathon will receive a special prize from Teton Valley Trails and Pathways. Prizes will also be awarded to the runners with the best time for each age category. The race will have ten year age group classes: <19, 20-29, 30-39…
***There are no refunds on registration for any reason.
Running Race Start Times
- Half Marathon Running Race Starts at 9am
- 12K Running Race Starts at 10:00am
Walking Class Start Times
- 12K Walking Class Starts at 8:45am
Course and Distance
There will be one water/aid station on each course. There will also be volunteers posted at critical junctions on the course to prevent people from getting lost.
12k and Half marathon Map and Elevation Profile
Prizes and Awards
The fastest male and female of both the 12K and the Half Marathong running races will receive a special prize from Teton Valley Trails and Pathways. Prizes will also be awarded to the runners with the best time for each age category.
Parking is limited at the race venue. Please plan on carpooling with other racers to the end of the Horseshoe Canyon Road.
- Best Western: 208-354-2363
- The Pines Motel 208-354-2774 www.thepinestetonvalley.com
- Super 8: Driggs, Idaho 208-354-8888
- Teton Valley Cabins, cute cabins on Ski Hill Rd. within walking distance to downtown, kitchenettes, laundry and a hot tub: 208-354-8153
Teton Valley Trails and Pathways
TVTAP is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that develops and maintains year-round non-motorized transportation and recreation facilities in Teton Valley. The organization brings together citizens, businesses, and local governments to expand the valley’s opportunities for outdoor recreation and nature appreciation, while linking communities, providing access to national forest trails, and promoting healthy mountain lifestyles. Money raised from the Horseshoe Challenge is used towards fulfilling our goals as an organization. For more information, visit www.tvtap.org
Program Director, Teton Valley Trails and Pathways