Volunteer Trail Day 3 – Southern Valley
August 18, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Join us for a day of trail work and give back to those public lands you enjoy so much. We will be working on a trail connection in the Southern Valley project area. All ages are welcome and encouraged.
This trail work day also honors the accomplishments of AJ Linnell, supported by the AJ Linnell Memorial Trail Fund.
- After party with the sponsor and work crew
- T-shirt (while supplies last)
- Snacks from Kate’s Real Food
- Every volunteer will receive a 50% off certificate for a 2018 Grand Targhee Summer Bike Park Lift Pass!
- Grand Raffle Prize – Every volunteer will be entered into a raffle for a 2018/19 Grand Targhee Winter Season Lift Pass. Drawing will be August 18th at our final Trail Day after-party. (One entry for each TVTAP Trail Day you attend. Don’t have to be present to win).
- Daily Raffle Prizes – Grand Targhee summer and winter day lift tickets, Targhee Fest tickets, 2019 Bike Park certificates; MD Nursery & Landscaping gift certificate ($150),
- Giving back to our public lands and trail system
- Accomplishment and sense of ownership of trails
Where: Lady Slipper Trail at Sherman Springs forest access.
Maintenance details: We will be routing the new Lady Slipper trail to make a smooth transition accross the Sherman Springs Road, and will eliminate a rough section of the Lower Lady Slipper trail that is currently on an old road bed. This singletrack reroute will complete the Lady Slipper Trail construction.
Last year we started digging on the Lady Slipper Trail at the AJ Linnell Memorial Trail Day. This year we will complete the project. Thanks to the USFS Teton Basin RAnger District, Montana Concervation Corps and Mountain Bike the Tetons for all their work on Lady Slipper. It is a truly fun and well thought out trail.
Meet: Meet at the Sherman Springs Road/E 9500 S junction. This is located on the Northeast corner of the Teton Springs Resort property. From this location you can ride your bike, walk or jump in one of our shuttle vehicles to get to the Project area. There is limited parking at the Sherman Springs/Forest boundary where the Project area is located.
Carpooling encouraged. If coming from Driggs, meet at the USFS building in Driggs 8:15am to carpool or follow us out to the work area.
TVTAP will supply:
- Water jugs for refills
- All tools
- Basic First Aid Kit
Volunteers should bring:
- work gloves
- full water bottle
- bug repellent
- any medications (e.g. Epipen)
- long pants are encouraged
- closed toed shoes required
- plenty of energy
End of the Day- let’s celebrate our hard work!