- This event has passed.
Volunteer Trail Day I – LOCATION CHANGE to Sheep Bridge Trail
June 9, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Join us Saturday, June 9th at 9am for a day of trail work and give back to those public lands you enjoy so much. We will be working on The Sheep Bridge Trail. The goal for the day will be to tear out the old bog bridge that is connected to the far (south) end of the creek bridge. The bog bridge is in rather poor condition and is going to be replaced by the USFS the following week. This means the Sheep Bridge Trail will be closed from June 9th – 22nd for bridge repair.
Depending on volunteer turnout, we will also plan to work on the trail tread in a few problem areas, and also continue with a reroute section that was started last year.
The work day will go from 9AM – 4PM, then after-work BBQ/dinner 4:30PM – 6PM. It’s okay if you can’t make it the whole day, any amount of your help is appreciated (but you may miss out on a raffle opportunity)
Meeting Location/Time: Meeting spot will be at the Sheep Bridge/Mill Creek Trailhead. For directions, see below. Be ready at 9AM to sign in and listen to a quick group talk before we hit the trail. Please carpool if you can. GOOGLE MAP
What to Bring:
- Work gloves
- Good eye protection
- Sturdy shoes (must be closed-toe). Hiking boots are prefered
- Long pants encouraged and closed-toe shoes required
- Lunch – TVTAP will have some snacks, but bring your own lunch food
- Water bottle – There will be water available on site, but bring your own bottle
- Rain gear and extra layers
- Plenty of energy!
TVTAP and the USFS will supply all the tools.
INCENTIVES/PRIZES: Thank you Grand Targhee and MD Landscaping for your sponsorship!
- Trail Day t-shirt (while supplies last)
- Snacks from Kate’s Real Food
- Every volunteer will receive a 50% off certificate for a 2018 Grand Targhee Summer Bike Park Lift Pass!
- Grand Raffle Prize – Every Volunteer will be entered into a raffle for a 2018/19 Grand Targhee Winter Season Lift Pass. Drawing will be August 18th at our final Trail Day after-party. (One entry for each TVTAP Trail Day you attend. Don’t have to be present to win).
- Daily Raffle Prizes – Grand Targhee summer and winter day lift tickets, Targhee Fest tickets, 2019 Bike Park certificates; MD Nursery & Landscaping gift certificate ($150),
- Giving back to our public lands and trail system!
BBQ/After Party: Peaked Sports is hosting the after-work BBQ/dinner. It will be at Peaked Sports in Driggs from 4:30pm – 6pm. A full dinner with libations will be provided for all volunteers who attended the Trail Day! Thank you Peaked Sports and Roadhouse Brewing for sponsoring!
Contact Nick Beatty, TVTAP Program Director, if you have any questions/concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org 208-313-7456
Bog bridge section in need of replacement.