- This event has passed.
Volunteer Trail Day 2- Decoster Trail
July 13, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Join us for a day of trail work and give back to those public lands you enjoy so much. We will be working on the Decoster Trail. All ages are welcome and encouraged (5.8 mile hike!)
- After party with the sponsor and work crew
- T-shirt (while supplies last)
- Snacks from Kate’s Real Food
- Every volunteer will receive a 50% off certificate for a 2018 Grand Targhee Summer Bike Park Lift Pass!
- Grand Raffle Prize – Every volunteer will be entered into a raffle for a 2018/19 Grand Targhee Winter Season Lift Pass. Drawing will be August 18th at our final Trail Day after-party. (One entry for each TVTAP Trail Day you attend. Don’t have to be present to win).
- Daily Raffle Prizes – Grand Targhee summer and winter day lift tickets, Bluegrass Festival tickets, 2019 Bike Park certificates; MD Nursery & Landscaping gift certificate ($150),
- Giving back to our public lands and trail system
- Accomplishment and sense of ownership of trails
Where: Decoster Trail. Allow yourself 30 minutes of drive time from the traffic light in Driggs to this trailhead.
The meeting place will be on the Southern end of the DeCoster Trail where it meets with Dry Ridge Rd (013) and state line. When Driving from the valley, you will park on Dry Ridge Rd. where you see the Forest Service boundary sign at the Idaho/Wyoming state line. Plan to meet here at 9am and we will sign you in, give away some raffle prizes, discuss the work day, then hit the trail.
Maintenance details: We will be doing a through hike and clearing the trail of brush and down trees. We will start from Dry Ridge Rd (013) and work to Rammel Mtn Rd (267) where TVTAP will have a van shuttle waiting. This is a 5.8 mile hike, and we will be moving slowly trimming vegetation, so be prepared to spend the day out in the woods. You will have to cross Badger Creek through shin-deep water, so bring an extra pair of socks/shoes if you don’t want wet feet all day.
Meet: Carpooling encouraged. Meet at the USFS building in Driggs at 8:15AM to carpool or follow us out to the work area.
TVTAP will supply:
- Some snacks
- Tools (feel free to bring your favorite loppers or pruning saw)
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Trail maintenance instruction
- Shuttle van
Volunteers should bring:
- Day pack
- work gloves
- full water bottle (two recommended…it’ll be hot on the trail)
- bug repellent
- any medications (e.g. Epipen)
- long pants and sleeves are strongly encouraged
- closed toed shoes required
- Bear Spray
- plenty of energy
End of the Day- let’s celebrate our hard work!
- End of the day party by Habitat
- Bring your own chair
- Food and drink provided!!
- 4-5:30pm at the trailhead (Dry Ridge Rd)