- This event has passed.
Horseshoe Challenge Trail Race
September 21, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
RACE CANCELED due to extremely muddy conditions.
It’s our annual trail running race on one of Teton Valley’s most loved trail areas- Horseshoe Canyon. Run the 1/2 marathon or 12K (7.5 miles) course. 12K walking class also available.
- Pre-register for $40, $45 on race day.
- Registration includes runner gift for 1st 48 registrants, pre and post race refreshments, entry into a raffle (where everyone wins something!) and awards for the fastest runners.
- The fastest male and female of both the 12K and the Half Marathon will receive a special prize from Teton Valley Trails and Pathways. Prizes will also be awarded to the runners with the best time for each age category.
- Register here.
- Save time and complete the 2019 Acknowledgement of Risk Form and bring to the starting line!
- The race will have eight age group classes: 19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+
- There are no refunds on registration for any reason.
12k and Half Marathon Route and Elevation Profiles
For our 14th annual race we have decided to change it up a bit. Both races will happen on the trails north of the Horseshoe parking lot. (For those of you that hike or bike in this area we are talking about Bovine, Sharks Belly, South Bound, etc.) The Half Marathon will not be going up and over Mount Manning as the 20k has done in the past.
Click Here to download and print the map below.
Saturday September 21st, 2019 at the Horseshoe Canyon trailhead, located in the Big Hole Mountains west of Driggs, Idaho.
- Drive west out of Driggs on Bates Road.
- Where Bates curves south, take the paved road that continues west. This road will curve north, then west again, before heading into Horseshoe Canyon.
- Drive west to where the pavement ends and park in the parking area on the right
- Click here for a map
Running Race Start Times
- Half Marathon Running Race Starts at 9am
- 12K Running Race Starts at 10:00am
Walking Class Start Times
- 12K Walking Class Starts at 8:45am
There will be one water/aid station on each course. There will also be volunteers posted at critical junctions on the course to prevent people from getting lost.
12k and Half marathon Map and Elevation Profile:Download and Print Here
Parking is limited at the race venue. Please plan on carpooling with other racers to the end of the Horseshoe Canyon Road.
- The Pines Motel 208-354-2774 www.thepinestetonvalley.com
- Super 8: Driggs, Idaho 208-354-8888
- Teton Valley Cabins, cute cabins on Ski Hill Rd. within walking distance to downtown, kitchenettes, laundry and a hot tub: 208-354-8153 www.tetonvalleycabins.com
- Want to volunteer for this event? CLICK HERE