- This event has passed.
11th Annual TVTAP Horseshoe Challenge Trail Race
September 17, 2016 @ 7:30 am - 1:00 pm
Join us for a gem of a race West of Driggs. Both 10k and 20k race courses afford the racers with some beautiful vistas and great natural terrain. If you’d like to volunteer at the Horseshoe Challenge, please check out details here. This race is a fundraiser for Teton Valley Trails and Pathways and all proceeds go directly to serve our mission of a Trails and Pathways connected community.
Thank you to our sponsors:
Additional sponsors include: Teton Basin Ranger District – Smith – Scarpa – Black Diamond – Smartwool – Patagonia – Montrail – Mountain Hardwear – Arcteryx – Chaco – Vasque – Prana – Camelbak – Icebreaker
Where: Horseshoe Canyon Trailhead
Meet: Carpooling encouraged.
- Pre-register for $25. $30 on race day.
- Register Online at https://horseshoechallenge.athlete360.com/
Look for the TVTAP Horseshoe Challenge link on the main page.
- Or print the following form and mail to TVTAP PO Box 373 Driggs, Idaho 83422
2016 Registration / Acknowlegement of Risk
- In person- Yostmark, 110 E Little, Driggs, ID
- In person- Skinny Skis, 65 West Deloney Avenue, Jackson, WY
- In person- Great Harvest Bread Co. 360 A Street OR 1505 E. 17th St., Idaho Falls, ID
- You can also register on race day from 8-8:45am.
- Includes socks, pre and post race refreshments, raffle prizes, and awards for the fastest runners. The fastest male and female of both the 10K and the 20K will receive a special prize from Teton Valley Trails and Pathways
- The race will have ten year age group classes.
- There are no refunds on registration for any reason.
Course Information: Actual distances are 11.7k and 17.46k to be exact, but we like to keep with tradition and call it a 10 and 20k race. The 10k is half on 2-track dirt road and half on single track trail, ending on 1/3 mile of asphalt. The 20k is almost all single track except for the start which is roughly 1/3mile on asphalt leading to a dirt 2-track. There will be one water/aid station on each course. There will also be volunteers posted at critical junctions on the course to direct participants. Detailed course descriptions.
- 10K Walking Class Starts at 8:40am
- 20K Running Race Starts at 9am
- 10K Running Race Starts at 9:40am